Debs season kicked off this week for me. I had the pleasure of doing gorgeous Jessica's hair and makeup. Jess is my boyfriends sister, so basically like a little sister to me :)
We opted to do a 50's inspired look as we thought we needed something classy and elegant to go with her dress. She suited the look down to a tee. This look can be used for bridal looks too. (It's a personal favourite of mine!)
How to get Jessica's 1950's look:
- For a debs makeup, we need the makeup to be long lasting. Jess has oily skin, so I began with a silicone primer, Smashbox Photo Finish
- For foundation, I used MAC Matchmaster foundation in shadde 3.0. I blended this down the neck to make sure it was all blended in properly.
- For contour, I used MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation in NC45. I think using a darker foundation can look better as it looks more natural.
- For concealer, I used Collection 2000 lasting perfection concealer in Medium. I popped this under the eyes in a V shape, á la Kim Kardashian!
- For brows I used Mystery eyeshadow from MAC. Jess has strong brows anyway, so we just needed to fill in any gaps. (Major brow envy!)
- On the eyes, I used Urban Decay Primer Potion, then I packed Brule eyeshadow onto the lid for a matte base.
- Through the crease I used 3 shadows. I began lightly buffing Copperplate eyeshadow from to create a natural shadow. Then I put Espresso over the top, and finally to darken it even more, I put a teeny tiny bit of Handwritten on top. I used Nylon eyeshadow as an inner tear duct highlight and as a brow bone highlight.
- For liner I used Inglot Gel Liner in 77. I did a medium flick with it. ( I used a MAC 210 brush!)
- On the lips I used Dubbonet Lipstick from MAC as a base, blotted, then applied Russian Red from MAC over the top. We applied around 6(!!) layers of lipstick (blotting in between each later.) I used Lipcote Lipstain over the top to make sure it stayed all night.
- For blush I used Suede Blush from Sleek, mixed with a bit of Dainty from MAC
- I powdered the skin with Laura Mercier Translucent Powder.
Top tips for Debs Makeup:
- THE MOST IMPORTANT RULE EVER!: Please for the love of god make sure your foundation doesn't contain a high SPF. It will flash back light and make you look like a ghost!
- Use long wearing products!
- If you're wearing tan, match it to your chest, you'll be one uniform colour then!
Hope everyone who's going to a debs has a great time! :)
For more tips, tricks and bookings for debs/weddings check out my Facebook Page :)